European Economic and Social Committee SOC/438 Erasmus for all Brussels, 29 March 2012
OPINION of the European Economic and Social Committee on the Proposal for a Decision of the European Parliament and of the Council on the European Year of Citizens (2013) COM(2011) 489 final – 2011/0217 (COD)
European Economic and Social Committee SOC/428 European Year of Citizens (2013) Brussels, 28 March 2012
OPINION of the European Economic and Social Committee on the Communication from the Commission to the European Parliament, the Council, the European Economic and Social Committee and the Committee of the Regions - Communication on EU Policies and Volunteering: Recognising and Promoting Cross-border Voluntary Activities in the EU, COM(2011) 568 final.
European Economic and Social Committee SOC/431 EU Policies and Volunteering Brussels, 28 March 2012
Volunteering for Democracy. Dangers and opportunities for good governance and active citizenship.
ALDA-The Association of Local Democracy Agencies
The ALDA conference "Volunteering for democracy", held in Bydgoszcz (Poland) in July, in the framework (and under the auspices) of the Polish Presidency of the EU. The conference, attended by more than 150 representatives from 25 different countries, led to the drafting of a set of recommendations, jointly developed by participants, which constitutes the guidelines for further promoting and developing "volunteering" in the fields of democracy and citizen participation.
For further information, Download here the Final Recommendation of the Conference in Bydgoszcz, Poland, 8th July 2011.
Volunteering: a tool for inclusion? Magazine of the European Anti-Poverty Network (EAPN). Special issue on the 2011 European Year of Volunteering, March 2011. NO. 134 | 2011/I
* 2011 European Year on Volunteering – A space for anti-poverty organizations to engage
* Volunteering and the Fight against Poverty and Social Exclusion – towards an EAPN Position
* Portugal: Being a volunteer versus promoting volunteering
* The UK Government: Big Society and Volunteering
* Volunteering in Bulgaria – the Need for a Modern Vision
* Poland, willing to move on towards a strategic approach on volunteering
* The recognition of volunteering time as in-kind contribution in Structural Funds
* The 100 million Europeans volunteering deserve recognition
* Eurodiaconia: the multifaceted value of volunteering
Swedish Red Cross: Try volunteering week and coffee parties
All local Red Cross branches could participate in the try volunteering week 28th of November to 5th of December and coffee parties to celebrate the international day of volunteering 5th of December. People were invites to "test drive" voluntary work before deciding to become an active volunteer.
More information: http://www.redcross.se/