ACES – The Academy of Central European Schools is aiming at the promotion of dialogue and co-operation of young people and teachers (schools) in its 15 Eastern/South Eastern European partner countries. Therefore ACES organises and supports international school partnership projects. The closing event of the project year 2010/2011 will take place in Prague (Czech Republic) from 29 March - 1 April 2011.
One 31 March, the Academy will focus on an "active" approach to the topic of VOLUNTEERING (related to schools/school development, community/school and community, educational dimension/learning opportunity, motivation, active citizenship etc.) by organising 6-8 workshops for students/teachers (workshop duration 2 hours). Therefore we are looking for:
- creative workshop ideas which tackle and put into practice this broad topic fruitfully for our target groups and accordingly
- for good workshop leaders (fee-based)
For our purpose and target group we need the workshop offers to be:
- interesting for students (12 – 17 years old) as well as for teachers (mixed groups)
- The workshop should be "student-able" concerning the use of language and methods and methods oriented (not theory oriented): interactive, participative
- basics, not advanced stuff
- practice-oriented (not theory oriented), especially it should be interactive and participative; we are looking for playful and method-based workshops
- Focus should be on inspiring the participants (in 2 h it's not realistic to expect more, not even talking about a holistic approach)
- Please take into account not only diverse age range (students from 12-17 and teachers) but especially also various levels of previous experiences of our participants
It would just be great if you would have some ideas on what especially within volunteering could be interesting for our participants / for schools/students and teachers / and maybe also suggest some trainers (e.g. also from your institution/organisation)!
Please contact me as soon as possible!
Tine Gamper, Interkulturelles Zentrum (Vienna, Austria)
More information on ACES on www.aces.or.at