The United Network of Young Peacebuilders (UNOY) is a network of youth-led associations working towards peacebuilding.
As a part of the International Day of Peace celebrations on September 21st, 2011, along with the European Year of Volunteering 2011, the United Network of Young Peacebuilders (UNOY) in partnership with Fundació Catalunya Voluntària is organising a photo competition with the theme "Youth Volunteering for Peace".
We believe that peace can be promoted in many ways. This year we choose pictures to deliver our message of peace. This activity aims to embrace various forms of youth engagement in peacebuilding which are expressed through images. As mentioned, we would like to spread the role of youth participation in peacebuilding and hopefully, encourage more youth involvement in peacebuilding activities.
Participants will be divided into two categories:
- Members of UNOY (maximum two representatives per member organisation)
- Individuals aged between 18 and 30
Please note you may only enter one category.
Each participant can submit three photos maximum.
The photo(s) should meet the following criteria:
- Have a specific title
- Must have a caption of maximum 100 words per photo to describe the context of the photo including date and place
- Submitted in JPEG format, with a maximum limit of 3 MB per photo.
- Mention your name and the organisation you represent and if possibly, a brief description about the activities you do
- The photo(s) should be submitted before August 24th, 2011. The voting for the competition will be started from August 25th, 2011 to September 17th, 2011.
We will select the best photos based on the most votes by the week of September 21st, 2011 to be displayed online and at an exhibition which will take place in the Hague. These pictures will also be used for an International Day of Peace publication.
The overall winner will receive a digital photo frame.
You can enter the competition here: http://www.unoy.org/unoy/blog/newsletter/2011/08/unoy-photo-competition-youth-and-volunteering-for-peace/
We look forward to your participation!